A little more about us - We live for skiing, snowboarding, cycling, running, and tennis, and the mix of fashion and sport is what makes us unique. For the past 40 years, we have been one of Ontario's leading outdoor and fashion retailers and are now expanding nationally.
We are a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, and Integrity; committed to creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
The Director of Hard Goods Purchasing is responsible for vendor management and execution of all merchandise programs within their category of responsibility.
Our Hard Goods business represents 20 M or 10 % of total current sales; It is the largest opportunity to grow the business and expand our offering to include camping.
As the Director of Hard Goods Purchasing, you will:
- Drive sales and profitability through achieving gross sales, gross margin dollars and inventory turns.
- Coach, mentor and develop the team.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with all other business units to drive sales and elevate our hard goods product offerings.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Purchasing management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution
- Negotiating skills
- Retail business acumen
- Organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Merchandise planning systems
The successful candidate will require seven years of progressive retail purchasing experience with a minimum of three years in a senior purchasing role that directly oversees:
- Product and assortment development
- Planning and Analytics
- The development of long-range merchandising strategies
- Vendor Negotiations
- Coaching, training, and team development
- Purchasing or Vendor Experience in equipment (Ski/ Snowboard/Camping /Bike/Racquets)
It is an asset, but not required:
- MBA or Post-Secondary Degree in Business or Fashion
Valid Through Date
Sporting Life Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Sporting Life Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.