This job posting is no longer active.
As the Accounts Payable Manager, you are responsible for the entire Accounts Payable functions, including managing a large vendor population, vendor relationships, accurate and on time processing. In addition, you are responsible for managing and motivating the Accounts Payable team.
- Managing the Accounts Payable process, including managing Vendor Relations, processing of invoices, remittances, reconciliation and accruals
- Reviewing and streamlining current A/P processes
- Maintaining an accurate Accounts Payable sub-ledger
- Ensuring accuracy of all invoice coding
- Maintaining turn around standards for supplier payments to ensure that all applicable discounts are taken
- Overseeing all requests for payment information and ensures that proper payment procedures are followed
- Overseeing foreign costing function
- Developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Managing monthly and quarterly closing and posting of AP records to meet reporting deadlines
- Motivating, training and evaluating employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for professional growth
- Other related duties as required
What you offer
- 5+ years of management experience within an Accounts Payable function
- Proven experience working in a high volume AP environment
- Previous success in implementing process improvements resulting in increased team efficiency and accuracy
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and lead a diverse team
- Previous experience working in the retail industry would be an asset
Who you are
- You live for the great Canadian Outdoors.
- You live for Skiing, Snowboarding, Cycling, Running and Tennis.
- The mix of fashion and sport is what makes us unique.
- You believe in the spirit of team, joining leaders, being part of constant innovation and working alongside the best staff and vendors in the business.
What we provide
- Access to the best brands and vendors including training and learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing product discounts
- Professional growth and development
- Flexible schedules
Sporting Life is #unlikeanystoreintheworld
Sporting Life Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Sporting Life Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.